Wednesday 16 February 2011

More images of the Fauna of Egypt

All images are from Wikipedia unless otherwise stated. I know it's not the most reputable of sources but it's always a good starting point and you can't go wrong with a good picture. This time I want to look specifically at skeletons and skulls.

Hippotomus
 Lion
 Crocodile
 Egyptian Wolf/Jackal
 Horned Viper
(Image via)
Hyena

Hellenistic mosaic depicting a striped hyena.


As I mentioned in my last post, I'm thinking of working on a design featuring animals and daemons of ancient Egyptian folklore. I want to use realistic depictions of skeletons, stylised Egyptianising flora and possibly some fairly realistic studies of insects (particularly scarabs) and snakes. It's an idea I'm only just starting to properly shape, but it's developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment